This Is A Big Piece Of The Health Puzzle

x-ray peat

so i started the program last night & woke up this morning with classic thyroid swollen eyelids. it just occurred to me tonight as i was rinsing with act that it must be the act affecting my thyroid hormone. ugh, not sure what do, maybe take iodine & just do the act rinse once a week? up my thyroid, even tho i'm wanting to get off it completely? i'm a mess lol
I would skip the act all together. Your thyroid health is much more important. also not sure if iodine is that great for your thyroid either.

InChristAlone

She said most tap water would have enough fluoride to use as a rinse. So that's what I've been doing. So before doing this system I only got fluoride while bathing or when getting fountain soda at restaurants for about 8 yrs. My fluoride avoidance didn't seem to matter in my health problems. I haven't noticed any problems using the crest now for a few months. But I'm super careful with it. Treat it like poison. Spit spit spit after!

Xisca

Then I have no problem with swallowing xylitol, and I have problem with digesting starch! Any idea what it shows?
I think you answered that for yourself; you have different gut critters.
I actually find if I dont spit several times after a xylitol rinse to get rid of any residue I still can feel a stomach upset. starch no problema
I thought about being more precise than having different critters... Can it be a way to know which are wrong?

At least it shows that there are different type of resistant starch, and that we can then find one that helps! It is not good to not be able to tolerate any resistant starch, when you see their usefulness as prebiotics.

And we both show that having problem with one does not mean problem with the other.

wow, so cool. is that from your magical garden?
I think this one was! Most of the time I still have to rely on other magical garden, as I have not enough heat all year long for them...

x-ray peat

I thought about being more precise than having different critters... Can it be a way to know which are wrong?

At least it shows that there are different type of resistant starch, and that we can then find one that helps! It is not good to not be able to tolerate any resistant starch, when you see their usefulness as prebiotics.

And we both show that having problem with one does not mean problem with the other.
I am not sure what it says but in general I think its best not to feed the critters.

Is resistant starch really good for us? I thought I read that it was just hype, much like the 100 billion organism probiotic pills. I would be worried about getting SIBO too.

Last edited:
she does a lot of talking about what is good or bad... and she sells a lot of products based on that.. but i see absolutely no science to back up what she is saying, it is all anecdotal

Blossom

Forum Supporter
she does a lot of talking about what is good or bad... and she sells a lot of products based on that.. but i see absolutely no science to back up what she is saying, it is all anecdotal
She has referenced the science in the appendix of her book entitled Kiss Your Dentist Goodbye.

papaya

listerine gives me an intense adrenaline rush. are adrenaline rushes bad? i can't imagine it's good before going to sleep? i always thought they were very bad, but then i saw something a while back that said they were actually good for you. i'm thinking about mixing thyme, wintergreen, peppermint oil with xylitol to replace listerine, but dr. ellie really has this program all figured out down to the order of the products based on ph.

churchmouth

Got the earth paste . Find it challenging to use as it doesnt tend to foam and expand out. Teeth feel different afterwards which i attribute to no glycerin.

Xisca

My teeth feel super great from munching dendelion avery morning.... Raw greens are a super good cleaner! Stimulates saliva...

Blossom

Forum Supporter
I've been soaking my toothbrush in denture cleaning tablets after every use. I wonder if Dr. Ellie would think this is sufficient for cleaning? It seems to work fine.

OP
achillea

achillea

Heard Dr. Peat on KMUD 1-19-18 say that fluoride can deplete T3 so we are nibbling a bit after the oral program just to be sure.

biffbelvin

Started off just using Earthpaste toothpaste and Xylitol.

Teeth felt much stronger and smoother and sensitivity went down. Using the Xylitol, i made a conscious effort to snack once between meals, and drink one cup of coffee which in itself definitely helped.

Since I became a regular smoker (and after i quit) I've had a bit of a problem with oral bacteria. Oftentimes if i forgot to brush my teeth one night i'd have to be make a few counter measures to ensure I didn't develop a mild cold the following day.

Earthpaste and Xylitol alone where not enough to counteract this. After a few weeks my gums started to bleed whilst brushing so i forked out for the UK equivalents (Ultradex, Fluoriguard), bought some Listerine and did the protocol proper.

They pretty much solved the bacterial problem over night and i definitely feel better for them. One thing i had to do though was set a timer on my phone to ensure I hit 1 minute exactly for the Listerine/Fluoriguard. Too little and they weren't quite effective, too much and they where too irritating for my gums.

I would skip the act all together. Your thyroid health is much more important. also not sure if iodine is that great for your thyroid either.

The earthpaste is too expensive to import for my liking. Once it runs out i'm going to use the recommended toothpaste, remove the fluouriguard and rinse the Listerine out with xylitol/saliva.

Hopefully this should be cheaper and slightly less irritating to mouth.

Lilac

I got the Earth Paste at Vitacost--a few dollars cheaper than Amazon. I like it very much.

churchmouth

Just checking in to say I am enjoying the switch to Earthpaste and rinsing with straight up dissolved xylitol. Teeth do feel clean!

InChristAlone

So I had been doing the xylitol gum after everything I ate, all the way up until bedtime. Well... I think it gave me intense acid reflux. I hadn't had that bad of reflux in forever. I looked it up and some people can have major digestive issues from it. But I thought the amount in gum wouldn't cause that. I am going off for a period and then going on again to see if my theory is correct. My teeth still feel good from the other stuff but maybe not as fresh during the day.