It's About Time

Kang

We're are finally here - Launching on Ray Peat Forum, thank you to everyone that helped and supported us along the way.​

If you haven't heard of us please check out our story and our short blogs on how to use them and why at Impower.life/blog

We also love questions so hit us up here or at any of the social media sites below or email us at [email protected]

If you want to know why other people think of our product check us out online and read our reviews on:
Facebook
Instagram
Twitter

As a way of showing our thanks we would like to share with you our latest offer on
Amino Pro™.

We've recently been able to offer dramatically reduced shipping rates worldwide! If you don't see your country contact us at [email protected] and we'll

handle your order directly via PayPal.

So here is our offer - our 300 size bottle is regular price $39 but we are selling a SIX-Pack of bottles (regular price $234) for $169! That is 1800 capsules of pure amino's in the perfect ratio to boost your mood, improve your energy, help gut function, recovery time and more.

Seriously check out our blogs, watch the video testimonials on chronic pain, or by fire fighters and athletes and decide for yourself!

GET this deal while supplies last because are almost sold out again!

***Once we sell out the next batch takes 8-12 weeks so order now.

AMINO PRO.jpg
Hanging 6-pack reduced.jpg

800mRepeats

Thank you, Kevin! I just picked up a second batch, as my first order of 1800 is running low.
Tried to add another to my order, but shipping jumped to $999!

Good stuff! Affords me more flexibility in my diet. It's also a really useful tool in ultra endurance events (aside from the need to pack/carry not-inconspicious baggies of pills ...)

tankasnowgod

Dang. Just saw this, and it appears you are sold out already! Anyway, I would certainly be interested in the deal, if it becomes available again. This looks to be a very solid Amino complex.

800mRepeats

Dang. Just saw this, and it appears you are sold out already! Anyway, I would certainly be interested in the deal, if it becomes available again. This looks to be a very solid Amino complex.

Psst. Check out the 6-pack that's on special.

OP
Kang

Kang

Thank you, Kevin! I just picked up a second batch, as my first order of 1800 is running low.
Tried to add another to my order, but shipping jumped to $999!

Good stuff! Affords me more flexibility in my diet. It's also a really useful tool in ultra endurance events (aside from the need to pack/carry not-inconspicious baggies of pills ...)

Thanks that’s awesome feedback! First let me address the shipping. What were you trying to buy? We’ve only got 300 size bottles left and we’re trying to give people a deal by offering 6 of them i.e. a six pack for $169 (30% off). I’ve obly set the shipping up to handle 1.5kg per order so if you want to buy more just write me at [email protected] with how many you want and your mailing Address and we’ll send you a PayPal invoice - easy peasy

Regarding your experience with ultra endurance would you mind sharing that on our Facebook page @ IMPOWERsupplements? Ideally a short video testimonial is so helpful to others! Or on instagram, we just had one of the top physios in Alberta who is a triathlete post his use on Instagram in a video. I posted the link to our FB.

Anyways either way let me know how we can help in any way.

And we’re working on new R&D.... so we are also open to suggestions for new products and improvements.
Thank you for sharing!

goodandevil

This is great:

"
The tingling caused by beta alanine is harmless and passes quickly; normally within an hour and a half or so. Symptoms abate as plasma levels of beta alanine decrease.

Some users report enjoying the paresthesia sensation as they feel it is a sign that the supplement is actively functioning in their bodies. To avoid tingling from beta alanine, use a smaller dosage."

Ray said he's against isolated amino acids. Even if they're completely pure they're still prone to oxidation in their isolated form.

Zpol

I had problems with it too so I will show what I found here.

My understanding is that RP was talking specifically about tryptophan, methionine, and cysteine. Also that a BCAA supplement could cause a too high ratio of serotonin to dopamine, which is why this product has the added taurine. I wonder what RP would think about this particular product? I'd speculate he'd say it is not necessary for people already in good health and I would agree with that. However, someone like myself who has a hard time eating any substantial volume of any type of food; I need to pack as much protein in every bite as possible, so this may be helpful. Fat and sugar are easy to find concentrated sources, protein, no so much.

@Kang What do think about the isolated amino acids in this product being prone to oxidation? Do you think taking them at the end of a meal would prevent this?

OP
Kang

Kang

My understanding is that RP was talking specifically about tryptophan, methionine, and cysteine. Also that a BCAA supplement could cause a too high ratio of serotonin to dopamine, which is why this product has the added taurine. I wonder what RP would think about this particular product? I'd speculate he'd say it is not necessary for people already in good health and I would agree with that. However, someone like myself who has a hard time eating any substantial volume of any type of food; I need to pack as much protein in every bite as possible, so this may be helpful. Fat and sugar are easy to find concentrated sources, protein, no so much.

@Kang What do think about the isolated amino acids in this product being prone to oxidation? Do you think taking them at the end of a meal would prevent this?
That’s a great question. Not sure I have the perfect answer as I’m neither a chemist nor a biologist. But my research shows amino acids being picked up very quickly on an empty stomach and likely converted into glucose if the conditions are right like low blood sugar. Most of our clients as well as my wife and I, take them with food to slow down digest a bit and so the BA will soak up histidine creating carnosine and the glycine with soak up the cysteine and create glutathione, to name two. The taurine and phenylalanine will ensure dopamine production stays on track and the serotonin drops.

Regarding oxidation; our product is manufactured once ordered. It takes 8-10 weeks to produce and ship. It’s manufactured under strict controls to meet health Canada standards. The raw materials are shipped sealed and then blended and immediately and placed in capsules.
It is hard to see how there are the conditions for oxidization. Certainly less than almost any other supplement or food. Even a great protein like casein ships half empty with air - something to oxidize with. If you open one of our capsules you’ll see they’re full.

Not sure that’s a great scientific answer but that’s what I’ve got right now. Hope it helps.

Terma

Kind of bad timing to be honest, I already invested in large supplies of individual aminos. So I'd get this purely for the convenience factor.

Do you have any idea what kind of shelf life these have? In other words which is the shortest-living of the aminos?

What about shelf life affecting oxidation?

These are generic amino supplement questions, but this is the only amino product around here (I think?).

Last edited:

Zpol

That’s a great question. Not sure I have the perfect answer as I’m neither a chemist nor a biologist. But my research shows amino acids being picked up very quickly on an empty stomach and likely converted into glucose if the conditions are right like low blood sugar. Most of our clients as well as my wife and I, take them with food to slow down digest a bit and so the BA will soak up histidine creating carnosine and the glycine with soak up the cysteine and create glutathione, to name two. The taurine and phenylalanine will ensure dopamine production stays on track and the serotonin drops.

Regarding oxidation; our product is manufactured once ordered. It takes 8-10 weeks to produce and ship. It’s manufactured under strict controls to meet health Canada standards. The raw materials are shipped sealed and then blended and immediately and placed in capsules.
It is hard to see how there are the conditions for oxidization. Certainly less than almost any other supplement or food. Even a great protein like casein ships half empty with air - something to oxidize with. If you open one of our capsules you’ll see they’re full.

Not sure that’s a great scientific answer but that’s what I’ve got right now. Hope it helps.

Thank you for the reply. I am not a Biochemist either so I appreciate your answer in lay man's terms.

goodandevil

That's true about cysteine &c, but each amino acid descends from a progression of chemical reagents. Perhaps this product could be beneficial for a select subset of people, for temporary use, but it's not being marketed that way. It's marketed like all the other bull**** out there. Ray is against isolated amino acids because of potential oxidation of certain amino acids and the certainty of toxic reagents being included in the final product. He said this month that he doesn't try and dissuade people from certain amino acids, like taurine, but many of them combined together, each from a different synthetic history is another matter. I think this vendor would do better to restrict the subset of people he endorses this product for or offer extremely high-purity taurine or something.

Broken man

I dont know why you quoted me but I think that taking BCAA with l-tyrosine or l-theanine is needed because BCAA could lower dopamine too.

OP
Kang

Kang

Kind of bad timing to be honest, I already invested in large supplies of individual aminos. So I'd get this purely for the convenience factor.

Do you have any idea what kind of shelf life these have? In other words which is the shortest-living of the aminos?

What about shelf life affecting oxidation?

These are generic amino supplement questions, but this is the only amino product around here (I think?).

1. This is anecdotal but from our personal use and the group of beta testers we had, all gave said the same thing. The difference between using this ratio in mixed powdered vs just food was very noticeable but the difference from mixing powders to using perfectly measured caps was “night and day”. Here attached is a picture of the amount of work that goes into making up a weeks supply of aminos from powders and caps. Not very handy, powder is exposed to a lot more air - your concern of oxidization, and think of what traveling with this would be like. Its not user friendly, travel friendly (think TSA or customs), and its a pain in the ****.
  2. Health Canada says 3 years if kept our of direct sunlight and in a cool dry place.
  3. As I mentioned before to @Zpol, I dont see how. Unlike powders in bags or bottles each capsule is individually sealed and unlike the last scoop of powder in you jar they should be as fresh as the day they were blended or nearly so.
  4. Yes, as far as I know. All the big boys (like Nutribio) refused to make it for us or to sell to market because of the way the price doubles from manufacture to wholesaler, and again from wholesaler to retailer. Our big bottle would be selling for $300-400 if they made it.

Attachments

• AP-What it used to be like2.JPG
    AP-What it used to be like2.JPG
    363.5 KB · Views: 39

Kunder

Ray said he's against isolated amino acids. Even if they're completely pure they're still prone to oxidation in their isolated form.

When did he say that? I recall him warning of the oxidation issue with respect to whey protein and similar real food-derived proteins. But I hope you do understand the radical difference in the manufacture of whey protein vs these purely synthetic amino acids. I'm not saying they cannot oxidize but the level of propensity is likely vastly different.

Last edited:
OP
Kang

Kang

That's true about cysteine &c, but each amino acid descends from a progression of chemical reagents. Perhaps this product could be beneficial for a select subset of people, for temporary use, but it's not being marketed that way. It's marketed like all the other bull**** out there. Ray is against isolated amino acids because of potential oxidation of certain amino acids and the certainty of toxic reagents being included in the final product. He said this month that he doesn't try and dissuade people from certain amino acids, like taurine, but many of them combined together, each from a different synthetic history is another matter. I think this vendor would do better to restrict the subset of people he endorses this product for or offer extremely high-purity taurine or something.

Hi @goodandevil, I am unclear what your intent is with your implications. Do you think that being a tiny company started with the help of this community that we are somehow pulling the wool over their eyes or taking advantage of them? I really would like to believe that you have good intentions because we do. We have yet to pay back our investment in money and time on this project and its been two years. If you've read out backstory you will know that we started this, not for money, but to save a friends life who was diagnosed with stage 3 kidney failure. I'm also assuming, perhaps wrongly, that you have not read our reviews. We do not pay for them, although we often try our best to get people to do a video testimonial because they resonate with people more. Between our reviews on FB and instagram you should see the results people are getting and know that people have been helped, at a cost that is less than most people could buy the individual amino acids for. Maybe not the best business strategy but we aren't in this to become millionaires, we are in this to help because we are crazy passionate about our own health and the health of others.

So maybe you can clear up your intentions?

1. You've implied that our product is like single aminos - it is not.
  2. You've implied that Ray is against "our product" because Ray is against "single amino acids" - again our product is a blend of 9 amino acids, sealed in a capsule.
  3. You've implied food is better - better how and under what circumstance? Ray has clearly said to experiment and adjust.
  4. You've implied our product is contaminated with "toxic reagents" but you don't know how our product is made. It is made via enzymatic fermentation and as I understand it "toxic reagents" are not used. Perhaps you can tell us how do you define toxic reagents?
  5. You've implied synthetic is somehow bad but fail to define synthetic or the negative implication. Do you take aspirin? Is yours manufactured from white willow bark or synthetic like all the rest? Is synthetic distinguishable from "natural - whatever that means" under microscope? If so please explain how it is both different and better.
  6. You've suggested we should "restrict" our sales to a subset of people - which people do we have your approval to sell to? Which people will you allow to choose to explore our product for their health? I am curious when you were given a veto over other peoples choices?

I'd like to believe you have good intentions but it is difficult based on your posts, which seem to seek negative attention by casting unfounded aspersions at us when you know nothing about us. I realize you dislike advertising but guess what, so do we. I would much rather not have to do - it ever. But people respond and make decisions emotionally and hence that is why it is used in advertising. People almost never respond to pure logic. So we are forced to learn an entirely new skill just to reach the people we want to help - a skill that has nothing to do with product research or how to help them get better. But sadly, if they won't try the product we can never help them... catch-22. And we don't have the money for an advertising firm or social media manager, its just my wife and I, raising a family and trying to help.

So if you would like a dialogue that would be great but if you are looking to troll us and attack us we will no longer waste time replying to you. That said we wish you, like all other members on this forum success in their health journey. I sincerely wish that you do want a dialogue because you could help us to improve and hence help others, regardless I hope you have a great day.