Really High Prolactin Levels

shepherdgirl

FYI, other antitumor supplements are serrapeptase and possibly nattokinase, possibly other enzymes as well. Not sure if they are useful for prolactinomas. Maybe I will start a new thread on antitumor supplements.

OP
H

heaahde

FYI, other antitumor supplements are serrapeptase and possibly nattokinase, possibly other enzymes as well. Not sure if they are useful for prolactinomas. Maybe I will start a new thread on antitumor supplements.
All right, thanks for all the advice you've been given me in this thread!

I think it could be both ways

Influence of low dose oestrogen on circulating prolactin. LH and FSH levels in post-menopausal women. - PubMed - NCBI ( the study is done with women but it shows that estogen supplementation lowers prolactin )

You said you tried mucuna? When and How did you take it? Do you have some left?
I took it during 5-6 months in 2016. I tried low dose and high dose, morning on empty stomach/with food, and before bed. Didn't really do anything

Dragon

Vitex- 'everyone' says to take it to lower prolactin...but the studies are actually mixed/ambiguous. Seems to RAISE prolactin in some cases in males. Might want to dig up papers on pubmed before starting this one.

Bromocriptine/Cabergoline- bromo is the older one. papers I've read imply that cabergoline is the go-to pill now. I once read a paper on the tumors which stated that quite a few people would show a -permanent- tumor shrinkage after a year on brom/caber. Or at least semi-permanent....i.e. long-lasting. You are right to be concerned of side-effects with these. I have never looked into using Lisuride (similar chem as bromo/caber) for prolacinemia tumor reduction, but if it's also effective, then it's a better choice because it's anti-fibrotic instead of pro-fibrotic like bromo/caber. idealabsdc.com is a good source.

I note that in a later post you said you weren't very horny as a teen, nor had morning-wood (nor spontaneous erections I guess?) I was real surprised that you didn't think that was odd, and also surprised that nobody jumped on that yet. I would say that is an unusual/atypical condition, and indicates that you've had some sort of sexual-system glitch all along, not just lately.

Prolactin number- you or someone said 'not really that high'....but I say that the 'range' on all these blood-tests is not something you can take to the bank. It's good to remember that many of these ranges represent the 'norm' in a group people containing many more 'sick' people than a true random sample.

Further, many of these ranges are already really wide! And you're outside it.
Further, everyone is different.
Further still, sexual function in males is VERY delicate. E.g., look at the estrogen-level thing. A man maintains daily morning-wood only within a quite -narrow- range of E2.

And, importantly, it's very much a THRESHOLD effect...NOT a linear function. I.e., the difference between every day wood, and no wood at all, is only a few pg/ml right at edge of the 'range'.

So yeah, if I were you, I'd sure as hell be prioritizing bringing down my prolactin, by hook or by crook, to see if that improved things.

ps; the low E2 may be the/an issue also, as mentioned 2 para's up.

good luck :)
dragon

stsfut

OP - did you figure out the high prolactin issues?? I am M 26 with same issues. I am having sudden ED and it is impossible to orgasm. I am also on TRT.

Luckytype

This situation sounds pretty similar to my current with the exception of age, not yet knowing my prl levels and a few other things and me shedding hair. Subscribing.

golder

Would be really useful to hear any updates or anything that anyone found helpful with the reduction of prolactin. Thanks guys!

golder

Thanks mate, much appreciated Lucky. Not to do a disservice to all the detail you made in your threads (and I’ve read them all), but other than sunlight, walking, zinc and dopamine agonists, what would you summarise as some of the best lifestyle changes and supplementation thar drove down your prolactin readings?

Luckytype

Creating a closer to regular sleep-wake cycle. Sunlight is big in telling the brain its "daytime" and thus limiting release. I would be within lights of some sort until it was time for bed. This was huge, even more so important now that its winter and natural light is less available.

I dont fap but i tried to limit the amount of sex i was having. If you fap, cut it big time.

Then make a big mental effort to find joy and happiness in simple atuff throughout the say. Not just using a supplement to lower PRL, but getting your mind and body on track to appreciate life makes a major major difference. It took weeks, maybe a couple months even but it was so important.

Obviously nutritional stuff is important, you can research those for your own modifications.

Then obviously looking at your regular stressors because in some cases prolactin can follow trends of other stress hormones that may be in play now because of individual components of your life.

Most important was patience, this is a weeks/months thing. Not days, not megadosing some random drug or vitamin. Let the body find that its OKAY to operate with a better environment.