How Do You Fix Cushing Like Symptoms In A Dog?

Blossom

Forum Supporter
@noordinary your guy looks so sweet!

@Lilly I would estimate that about 50% of her diet is currently kibble and the rest is food that I cook myself. We had a crazy year and unfortunately I think all of our eating habits suffered. We moved into our new home about 3 months ago but the kitchen wasn't finished until 1.5 months ago so cooking was a challenge for quite some time. Maybe the stress of all the change took a toll because of her age. I'm definitely making sure we all eat better now! Thanks for sharing how you feed your dog.

She seems about the same but we have only been back from the vet a little over 24 hours.

Blossom

Forum Supporter
She's now stopped eating solid food -refused liver and cheese. I did get her to drink some milk with egg yolk, sugar and salt mixed in it. I'm still putting a little gelatin and salt in her drinking water. I'm working all night tonight but my husband is going to be home so at least she won't be alone.

noordinary

@Blossom how is your girl doing, any better?

Blossom

Forum Supporter
@Blossom how is your girl doing, any better?
Thanks for checking on her. She passed yesterday afternoon but I didn't have the wherewithal to post right away. I don't think it was Cushings after all. She had cancer back in the fall of 2016 and I think it just came back with a vengeance. She was declining rapidly and suffering quite a bit so we were fortunate to find a vet open on the holiday to help her out. She had already lost 6 pounds in two days.

noordinary

Thanks for checking on her. She passed yesterday afternoon but I didn't have the wherewithal to post right away. I don't think it was Cushings after all. She had cancer back in the fall of 2016 and I think it just came back with a vengeance. She was declining rapidly and suffering quite a bit so we were fortunate to find a vet open on the holiday to help her out. She had already lost 6 pounds in two days.
I am so sorry @Blossom ...
"All dogs go to heaven"as they say

sorry blossom

Regina

Ah so sorry Blossom.

MCF

Thinking of you Blossom, heartbreaking to read about your loss.

Blossom

Forum Supporter
IMG_0349.JPG
Thanks @noordinary, @mayweatherking, @Regina, and @MCF. I'm comforted to know she had a good life after we rescued her and was surrounded by her family when she passed. We still have her buddy that we rescued about a year after we found her to take care so that makes it a little easier to handle.

MCF

Oh Blossom, what an adorable little face. Thank you for the photo of your most beloved baby.

PeatInspired

Forum Supporter
We also have a dog with some cushings-like symptoms.

She's drinking excessively (so I put some gelatin and a little salt in her water). But she's actually looking bloated (and had gained weight). The vet said hey liver feels a little swollen.

Any thoughts? We haven't done blood work yet, but we will soon.

OP
ecstatichamster
just a follow up. We are giving our dog raw meat, calcium, thyroid, progesterone, sugar and salt. She went to the vet and got a good clearance on everything. A few years after supposedly being so sick with a very small liver, and she seems fine these days.

2018-05-30_16-44-50.png

Regina

just a follow up. We are giving our dog raw meat, calcium, thyroid, progesterone, sugar and salt. She went to the vet and got a good clearance on everything. A few years after supposedly being so sick with a very small liver, and she seems fine these days.

2018-05-30_16-44-50.png
She's a doll!

Blossom

Forum Supporter
We also have a dog with some cushings-like symptoms.

She's drinking excessively (so I put some gelatin and a little salt in her water). But she's actually looking bloated (and had gained weight). The vet said hey liver feels a little swollen.

Any thoughts? We haven't done blood work yet, but we will soon.
We had to take up Bella's water bowl and give her measured amounts throughout the day or she literally wouldn't stop drinking. She was even trying to drink from the toilet bowls and was licking the snow off the ground when we'd go outside. I was doing the same thing as you are by adding some gelatin and a little salt to her water because she wouldn't eat.

I hope you're girl gets trough this ok.

Blossom

Forum Supporter

2018-05-30_16-44-50.png
Adorable!

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals