Red Light Therapy / LLLT Cures Hypothyroid?

Daniel11

Forum Supporter
Very cool experiences. Completely curing hypothyroidism is no small task. I'm using the red light man combo light. I used to use the one you use but it broke. It's a very good light.

Have you been shinning the light in your open eyes?

Daniel11

Forum Supporter
Anyone see this for thyroid, isn't light but pulsed electro-magnetic frequency device?
PEMF Therapy for Thyroid

Yes Earth Pulse is an excellent device i have talked about it on several other threads, it is not going to heal your thyroid, but it is very good for sleep and keeping the energy in your environment comfortable.

The best thing for enhancing thyroid functioning is holding the red light directly on your thyroid, on your testes and through your open eyes.

Daniel11

Forum Supporter
Every once in a while but not regularly. I'll try it and see what happens.

Thats cool, the light you had before would be better for over the eyes, you don't want to have infrared wavelengths over your face or head every day for months.

For the thyroid i did two times a day for 8-10 min, now i don't need to shine the light on my thyroid very much any more, maybe 1-2 times a week feels good, but i really enjoy getting the red light in my eyes every morning, its very uplifting and energizing to the body and the mind, a wonderful way to start the day.

This is the light i like best for the eyes and everything, i feel the infrared spectrum is to over heating to tissue, you may not notice this at first, but for long term use the visible light spectrum is better, and it works very well.

https://redlightman.com/product/red-light-device-mini/

When red light gazing best to do in morning just after waking up, focus your eyes up towards the top of the light so more of the white of your eyes is getting shined on, the sclera absorbs light photons very efficiently.

Shinning the light in your eyes is not only safe, its good for them, here is a research paper on the benefits of Photobiomodulation for the eyes, although the real benefits come from stimulation and enhancement of endocrine functioning via light photons reaching the hypothalamus.

Photobiomodulation with 670 nm light increased phagocytosis in human retinal pigment epithelial cells

Constatine

Thats cool, the light you had before would be better for over the eyes, you don't want to have infrared wavelengths over your face or head every day for months.

For the thyroid i did two times a day for 8-10 min, now i don't need to shine the light on my thyroid very much any more, maybe 1-2 times a week feels good, but i really enjoy getting the red light in my eyes every morning, its very uplifting and energizing to the body and the mind, a wonderful way to start the day.

This is the light i like best for the eyes and everything, i feel the infrared spectrum is to over heating to tissue, you may not notice this at first, but for long term use the visible light spectrum is better, and it works very well.

Red Light Device Mini - Red Light Man

When red light gazing best to do in morning just after waking up, focus your eyes up towards the top of the light so more of the white of your eyes is getting shined on, the sclera absorbs light photons very efficiently.

Shinning the light in your eyes is not only safe, its good for them, here is a research paper on the benefits of Photobiomodulation for the eyes, although the real benefits come from stimulation and enhancement of endocrine functioning via light photons reaching the hypothalamus.

Photobiomodulation with 670 nm light increased phagocytosis in human retinal pigment epithelial cells
Yeah it is definitely possible to overdose on infrared light and do some damage. Do you think stimulating the eyes via red light provides the same benefits as with sunlight?

I got weird vision feelings from staring into red lights so I stopped. Night vision got worse while doing it.

Dave Clark

Seems like there are differing opinions about how much to use red light, where to use it, etc. Are there any real studies on this stuff, or is everybody just speculating. I have a Sota Light Works and do a 14 point meridian light therapy every morning with the red light wand. Been doing that almost everyday for five years. Read that is was safe, and even recommended to get light into the meridians. Do we know what is beneficial and safe, or is it just a guess?

Seems like there are differing opinions about how much to use red light, where to use it, etc. Are there any real studies on this stuff, or is everybody just speculating. I have a Sota Light Works and do a 14 point meridian light therapy every morning with the red light wand. Been doing that almost everyday for five years. Read that is was safe, and even recommended to get light into the meridians. Do we know what is beneficial and safe, or is it just a guess?

As someone who's fairly new to this, but very familiar with physical and breath training of all kinds, my take:

- Perform your own experiments by taking red light parameters and your measurement criteria (ie temperature, pulse, sleep quality, symptom level, etc). Start in small "doses", but put it all into a spreadsheet and work out the trends. In your post, what is your criteria for success? How do you quantify it?

- Become familiar with what a rise in temperature feels like, what a stress response feels like, what fatigue feels like, and so on. Knowing how your body is and how it feels during each session is more of a criteria for assessing what you might need than any trend or generalised average across many people. This is similar to the way advanced weight-lifters start to auto-regulate their intensity and volume based on how their body performs on a particular day, knowing too little or too much is defined individually each day, and will determine an optimum rate of progress.

- Assuming there's some kind of initial mild stress, release of enzymes, other unfamiliar metabolic change in the body, etc - then there will also be a period of adaptation. If glands are anything like muscles, this could take a few days. A safe bet for me and based on some experiences I've read, is that leaving a minimum of 48-72 hours between sessions is probably a very good idea. This way, you're protecting against potential over-training, and stress responses. You can start there, then reduce intervals or increase session length, then find the results by tracking trends and being familiar with your own body as above.

- As with any miracle-sounding therapy or treatment, I think it's a rule of thumb that it's far more risky to do too much than too little.

- It's probably also a safer bet to simply stop when you've achieved your goal criteria e.g. restored thyroid function, increase in testosterone by X amount, or otherwise, and then simply stop. Measuring once in a while and doing a few sessions to maintain the quantified or qualitative criteria. This is to protect against any unstudied long term effects and remember the initial reason you did it.

- Overall, small and infrequent doses of red light are probably okay, since you can calculate what the device generates and compare it to sitting on the beach for X time. However, probably best do the minimum required to achieve the effect you want simply by doing the above.

Warm regards, Johnson

Last edited:

Daniel11

Forum Supporter
Yeah it is definitely possible to overdose on infrared light and do some damage. Do you think stimulating the eyes via red light provides the same benefits as with sunlight?

I do think it offers the same benefits as sun gazing, even better because you can comfortably do in your home, you don't need the weather to cooperate, me and my family and many others i know have been red light gazing for many months now, all of us are have excellent rests and great improvements in our health.

My mother is in her 80s she was tired and moody and starting to have mild dementia, 6 months ago i got her started using the red light over her thyroid and eyes every day, she is now a completely different person, full of energy, clear mind and joy for life.

She does 8-10 min on her thyroid, holding light right against the skin. Then 5-8 min over her open eyes holding light 4-5 finger widths from nose, every morning.

Daniel11

Forum Supporter
I got weird vision feelings from staring into red lights so I stopped. Night vision got worse while doing it.

What specific light you were using, how long did you try it for, how long did you hold it over your eyes?

Last edited:

Daniel11

Forum Supporter

If you have been doing that every day for 5 years and your not feeling amazing by now you should try the light I'm talking about, its very safe and with in weeks you will be feeling much better, for men the key is holding light on the testes as well as thyroid and open eyes.

Here is a link to hundreds of research studies of the benefits of red light on biological functioning.

"photobiomodulation" - PMC - NCBI

Daniel11

Forum Supporter
The light i use has no infrared, but has very beneficial orange wavelengths along with visible red spectrums.

“Red and orange wavelengths penetrate tissue very effectively, because of their weaker absorption by water, allowing them to react with pigments in the cell, such as cytochrome oxidase, which is activated (or re-activated) by red light, increasing the production of ATP. This effect counteracts the toxic effects of ultraviolet light, but there are probably other mechanisms involved in the many beneficial effects of red light.”
-Ray Peat

Cataracts: water, energy, light, and aging.

Diokine

I never use light in the infrared spectrum, especially near the face or head, i only use visible light in the 600 nm - 700 nm, orange to deep red wave length range.

What's your reasoning behind not using infrared (>700nm) on the face or head? I agree that light in the eyes is incredibly stimulating for the brain, but I would argue that having your eyes open is not entirely necessary. The transmission through your eyelids is so great that in most cases it is just as effective to leave them closed. I prefer having my eyes closed because it lets me observe some of the visual patterns and "noise" projected onto my optical structures, and I think they can be fairly diagnostic.

Constatine

I do think it offers the same benefits as sun gazing, even better because you can comfortably do in your home, you don't need the weather to cooperate, me and my family and many others i know have been red light gazing for many months now, all of us are have excellent rests and great improvements in our health.

My mother is in her 80s she was tired and moody and starting to have mild dementia, 6 months ago i got her started using the red light over her thyroid and eyes every day, she is now a completely different person, full of energy, clear mind and joy for life.

She does 8-10 min on her thyroid, holding light right against the skin. Then 5-8 min over her open eyes holding light 4-5 finger widths from nose, every morning.
O wow. Thats great to hear.

Constatine

What's your reasoning behind not using infrared (>700nm) on the face or head? I agree that light in the eyes is incredibly stimulating for the brain, but I would argue that having your eyes open is not entirely necessary. The transmission through your eyelids is so great that in most cases it is just as effective to leave them closed. I prefer having my eyes closed because it lets me observe some of the visual patterns and "noise" projected onto my optical structures, and I think they can be fairly diagnostic.
IMO infrared is fine if one is responsible with it. There is a more sensitive biphasic dose response with certain wavelengths. Some wavelengths if overdosed can cause damage. But if one finds the appropriate dosage only good will come from it.

Constatine

There are plenty of studies on dosages. We should not be guessing on this stuff. Just pay attention to the J/cm^2 in each study. For thyroid use there have been a variety of wavelengths tested with a variety of doses. 830 nm for a total of 38 - 108 J/cm^2 has been tested with good results. Though I would keep the dosages on the low side of things as they did not test for damage to cells.

Dave Clark

As someone who's fairly new to this, but very familiar with physical and breath training of all kinds, my take:

- Perform your own experiments by taking red light parameters and your measurement criteria (ie temperature, pulse, sleep quality, symptom level, etc). Start in small "doses", but put it all into a spreadsheet and work out the trends. In your post, what is your criteria for success? How do you quantify it?

- Become familiar with what a rise in temperature feels like, what a stress response feels like, what fatigue feels like, and so on. Knowing how your body is and how it feels during each session is more of a criteria for assessing what you might need than any trend or generalised average across many people. This is similar to the way advanced weight-lifters start to auto-regulate their intensity and volume based on how their body performs on a particular day, knowing too little or too much is defined individually each day, and will determine an optimum rate of progress.

- Assuming there's some kind of initial mild stress, release of enzymes, other unfamiliar metabolic change in the body, etc - then there will also be a period of adaptation. If glands are anything like muscles, this could take a few days. A safe bet for me and based on some experiences I've read, is that leaving a minimum of 48-72 hours between sessions is probably a very good idea. This way, you're protecting against potential over-training, and stress responses. You can start there, then reduce intervals or increase session length, then find the results by tracking trends and being familiar with your own body as above.

- As with any miracle-sounding therapy or treatment, I think it's a rule of thumb that it's far more risky to do too much than too little.

- It's probably also a safer bet to simply stop when you've achieved your goal criteria e.g. restored thyroid function, increase in testosterone by X amount, or otherwise, and then simply stop. Measuring once in a while and doing a few sessions to maintain the quantified or qualitative criteria. This is to protect against any unstudied long term effects and remember the initial reason you did it.

- Overall, small and infrequent doses of red light are probably okay, since you can calculate what the device generates and compare it to sitting on the beach for X time. However, probably best do the minimum required to achieve the effect you want simply by doing the above.

Warm regards, Johnson
Thanks for the insight. That is good food for thought. I generally take breaks, but admittingly I haven't been too much in touch with any subtle body changes. I do notice a difference, but how much is enough is something I am not quite sure of, although I agree that it is wise to be cautious, so I will take more breaks.

Daniel11

Forum Supporter

Thats great you enjoy through your closed eyes, I'm sure there are benefits, but your eyelids are going to filter out some of the beneficial frequencies, maybe give a try with your eyes open every day for a few weeks and see how you like it, you could always do both ways, morning with eyes open and evenings with eyes closed.

I feel the long time use of the higher frequencies of infrared lights placed close to the head as needed for the thyroid and light gazing may be over heating to the brain, eyes, and other tissue, these are very focused lights that you are holding very close to your body, the infrared wavelengths may have specific short term use for certain pathologies, but the farther you move along the electro magnetic spectrum; infrared then microwave and radio waves the less time you want to spend close to a concentrated source, the same for the other side of the visible light spectrum of ionizing radiation - extreme ultraviolet, soft x-rays, hard x-rays and gamma rays.

I plan to use the light for my whole life, i want the safest and best spectrums of light, also i find the infrared spectrum has a kind of melancholy effect on my emotions, with the visible wavelengths orange to red i always feel positive and happy.

Last edited:

Daniel11

Forum Supporter
There are many other locations on the body to use the red light also, like the liver and spleen.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals