Anyone Trialed Psilocybin For Depression?( Magic Mushrooms)

Bassist

Read a study on pubmed from 2016 that concludes improvements in andonehia, depression and better baselines at doses ranging from 10-25mg.

(I cant post the link yet due to recent sign up)

Makrosky

There's a decent ammount of info in the forum about it. Use google to search for it.

Prosper

I feel like mushrooms are vastly overhyped on the internet. The most I ever got out of them was intense visuals, constant sensation that I was peeing all over my pants, and realization that having more friends would be cool. Gee, thanks a lot fungi. They never helped with any depression, but possibly slightly worsened it.

A novel experience, but ultimately worthless.

OP
B

Bassist

@Prosper Im guessing you tried high doses? I personally also took 1g in the past an experienced euphoria and illusions feelings that i was mighty powerful and connnected with earth. very strange experience but needed to work on my landing a bit. at these small 'medical doses' of 10-25mg one would not experience any hallucinations or feel a trip.
I would personally like to try it. bjt getting my hands on it legally will be fun

bdawg

I feel like mushrooms are vastly overhyped on the internet. The most I ever got out of them was intense visuals, constant sensation that I was peeing all over my pants, and realization that having more friends would be cool. Gee, thanks a lot fungi. They never helped with any depression, but possibly slightly worsened it.

It's hard to standardise the dose for the active ingredient from the right strain etc, you sure it was legit?

Prosper

It's hard to standardise the dose for the active ingredient from the right strain etc, you sure it was legit?
What do you mean by legit? It's not like you could placebo yourself into a mindbending trip by eating portobellos. They were cubensis grown either by me or someone I knew.

Wagner83

The interest lies in how low doses (no hallucinogenic effects) of mushrooms, like low doses of lsd are potent anti depressants. It looks very interesting.

aquaman

Sub-perceptual microdosing over a long period is considered the best way to use it to treat depression. Not taking enough to trip in one dose and expecting a great solution.

Prosper

Sub-perceptual microdosing over a long period is considered the best way to use it to treat depression. Not taking enough to trip in one dose and expecting a great solution.
What's considered a long period? I've also tried 0,25-0,5g / day for a couple of weeks with little negative or positive consequences.

ddjd

golden teacher is apparantly the easiest strand to go for, less likely to have a rough ride

denise

Is this the study?

I posted this awhile back about an ongoing study about microdosing. And I read this yesterday, which gives some logistical info.

The standard microdosing scheme is to take a small dose every 3 days, not every day. I haven't tried this yet, as I've been experimenting with other things, but I intend to at some point.

@Bassist If you don't know where to get some, you can always grow your own. There's a ton of info about how to do this online. Buy some spores, buy some growing medium, and a couple months later you're all set.

OP
B

Bassist

Thanks for your informative response @denise,

Yes, the first study you posted was the one I came across and was referring to.
I will look into this with great detail. hopefully i can get my hands on some spores soon.
Thankyou

squanch

@Prosper Im guessing you tried high doses? I personally also took 1g in the past an experienced euphoria and illusions feelings that i was mighty powerful and connnected with earth. very strange experience but needed to work on my landing a bit. at these small 'medical doses' of 10-25mg one would not experience any hallucinations or feel a trip.
I would personally like to try it. bjt getting my hands on it legally will be fun
Those 10-25 mg are pure psilocybin. That's definitely not a sub perceptible dose. 25 mg would be quite a lot actually, somewhere around 3-4 g of dried cubensis.

The majority of those "psilocybin helps with x" studies that have come out in recent years use relatively high doses every few weeks over a period of several months. Same with ketamine for depression as far as I know.

Most of the work on microdosing has been done by James Fadiman. The standard protocol is: microdose, 2 days break, microdose, 2 days break ...
With a microdose being somewhere around 0.2 - 0.3 g of dried cubensis.

I personally think if you want a permanent change you need higher doses at a regular interval over a longer period of time. The whole microdosing thing is pretty nice but you don't really have those permanent changes. Once you stop, you're pretty much where you started within a few weeks.
Try it out though, see how you like it.

Herbie

Thanks for your informative response @denise,

Yes, the first study you posted was the one I came across and was referring to.
I will look into this with great detail. hopefully i can get my hands on some spores soon.
Thankyou

google spore prints, plenty of companies sending fungi spores around.

Frankdee20

How does microdosing mescaline fare into Peat land? Interesting how it's a phenylethamine, yet cross tolerance to Serotoninergic hallucinogens occurs.