Experiences Of Cypro After Long Term SSRI Use / Withdrawal?

I'm considering cyproheptadine to heal some of the damage (ie stuck in fight or flight, low pulse, slow metabolism, etc) post long term SSRI usage. So far I've tried mirtazapine for 2 weeks at a low dose, which may have a similar pharmaceutical profile to cypro. It seemed to reduce fight or flight type symptoms a little, but results are fairly mild and if taken before bed, there is some rebound the following afternoon/evening. Sleep quality has objectively worsened (less time in stage 3/4 and more restlessness) according to a wearable sleep tracker. The next trial will be cypro.

I'm a little hesitant to do so before understanding the exact mechanisms, because presumably post-SSRI there's a lot of healing / re-regulating going on with serotonin receptors.

It would be great if people could post their experiences of using Cyproheptadine after discontinuing SSRIs here.

Or also, to describe the mechanisms in which it may be helpful in relation to the damage caused by SSRIs?

lampofred

Maybe my serotonin is just way too high, but I don't see strong anti serotonin effects from Cypro... Only thing that works is bromocriptine but that is hardcore stuff so im hesitant to use it regularly

OP
J
Note to others; I received several PMs who found cyproheptadine very useful after discontinuing SSRIs. I'll update soon with a log of my own experience, starting whenever it arrives.

One thing I'm wondering about cypro:

Can it raise pulse and temperature? Mine are both very low

Arnold Grape

Note to others; I received several PMs who found cyproheptadine very useful after discontinuing SSRIs. I'll update soon with a log of my own experience, starting whenever it arrives.

One thing I'm wondering about cypro:

Can it raise pulse and temperature? Mine are both very low

Try Lysine for attempting to achieve the effects you mentioned: I'm still just experimenting with it, but I have gotten my temps as high as they have been after only a few days of using it, without much change elsewhere in diet.

Arnold Grape

^^ I dropped the Lysine after it became appetite suppressive in short order. I have also reported elsewhere that it messed up my body. (Lost strength, muscle.) There seems to be different classes of things which reduce stress that will do this to me. Even taking estroban daily seems to do this. Not sure what's up

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals