Losing Faith In Ray Peat

haidut

Forum Supporter
Thanks, from the gonadin thread:
Androgenic effect of honeybee drone milk in castrated rats: roles of methyl palmitate and methyl oleate. - PubMed - NCBI
"The oestrogenic effect of a fraction of DM has recently been reported in rats. However, no information is available on the androgenic effects of DM."
"The crude DM increased the relative weights of the androgen-dependent organs and the plasma testosterone level in castrated rats and these actions were flutamide-sensitive. DM increased the tissue mRNA and protein level of SLAP, providing further evidence of its androgen-like character."

Drone milk: boosts testosterone and has an anabolic effect too

Not sure if Royal Jelly wouldn't be estrogenic though, ain't estrogens associated with abnormal growth/cell division? The queen is massive.

The estrogenic fraction was isolated and it is NOT the fatty acids we use in Gonadin.
Raw drone milk of honeybees elicits uterotrophic effect in rats: evidence for estrogenic activity. - PubMed - NCBI
"...The active compound after the last fractionation was identified by the nuclear magnetic resonance and mass spectrometry techniques as E-dec-2-enedioic acid, which is very similar to the fatty acids with estrogenic activity that were previously isolated from royal jelly. These results lead us to suppose that E-dec-2-enedioic acid is responsible for the estrogen-like effect of DM. This appears to be the first report on the pharmacological effects of DM and E-dec-2-enedioic acid in mammals."

Wagner83

The estrogenic fraction was isolated and it is NOT the fatty acids we use in Gonadin.
Raw drone milk of honeybees elicits uterotrophic effect in rats: evidence for estrogenic activity. - PubMed - NCBI
"...The active compound after the last fractionation was identified by the nuclear magnetic resonance and mass spectrometry techniques as E-dec-2-enedioic acid, which is very similar to the fatty acids with estrogenic activity that were previously isolated from royal jelly. These results lead us to suppose that E-dec-2-enedioic acid is responsible for the estrogen-like effect of DM. This appears to be the first report on the pharmacological effects of DM and E-dec-2-enedioic acid in mammals."
Ok, just to make sure, I did not imply that, I meant that overall the effects of something like drone milk seems to be androgenic (quote I posted).

haidut

Forum Supporter
Ok, just to make sure, I did not imply that, I meant that overall the effects of something like drone milk seems to be androgenic (quote I posted).

No problem, I did not take it as an attack. Just wanted to point it out as I already started getting questions about whether Gonadin is estrogenic :)

Last edited:

Daniel11

Forum Supporter
I find Royal Jelly brings all the health benefits that vitamin E and aspirin can give and even more, i feel like my liver and kidneys are healthier. I feel it enhances phase 1 and 2 liver detoxification and studies show that Royal Jelly is greatly hepatoprotective.

Our bodies are in a constant state of regeneration, we have all the intelligence in us to survive and be healthy, but at this stage of human evolution we are working extra hard to catch up with our planets technological advancements. Healing ones relationship with the environment is not an option if we want to feel good, this begins by giving our cells the nutrients they understand and need to function optimally.

Royal Jelly has thousands of years of empirical evidence, vitamins have only been manufactured for a short time in recent history, the raw materials for vitamins, minerals and isolated lipids is highly questionable and could possibly make things worse. They can have a strong effect that may be helpful for short term stimulation in certain situations but the results rarely last after stopping and most importantly they don't heal the cause of our imbalances.

Royal Jelly is one of the finest natural sources of vitamins, minerals, amino acids and many other important nutrients that our bodies can digest and use efficiently and effectively to protect cells and bring physiological homeostasis.

When all the detoxification pathways are functioning better so will our digestion and we will absorb much more efficiently the vitamins, minerals, proteins, lipids and other nutrients we need from the food we eat instead of needing synthetic or isolated supplements that only bring short term and limited benefits.

Royal Jelly is probably the best natural anti-aging substance on our planet, thats because it supplies key nutrients that protect our organs and greatly enhances our detoxification pathways. It would not be possible to recreate the natural symbiotic combination of bioavailable nutrients found in Royal Jelly in a laboratory.

I definitely do not feel estrogenic taking Royal jelly, a year ago it would have taken me weeks to recover my energy and mood after having sex once. Now i wake up every morning ready for a roll in the hay, thats pretty good at my age!

This site has a nice summery of the benefits of Royal Jelly with links to several studies, they ship their bee products from Canada. The source from the company in Oregon i mentioned earlier in the thread is excellent also. I like the freeze dried powder, i started with 1/4 tsp in the morning, then increased over a 4-5 weeks to 1/2 tsp twice a day.

Royal Jelly Benefits

Amber

Google zinc and magnesium for autism, theres a lot of info on it suggesting that it is a good combination. Also, copper toxicity (high copper levels aka high estrogen) and autism would be worth reading. Its all related. COPPER TOXICITY SYNDROME

I'd keep calcium intake very low, because magnesium is already low and calcium will only lower it more. magnesium intake (very) high (glycinate or citrate) and take zinc glycinate. Salt would be helpful. Lower fat diet too.

Wagner83

It's good to keep in mind that a few people have died from allergic reactions to Royal Jelly, if one experiences with it it may be wise to somehow test for its safety before (I wonder if topical application of something allergenic will always lead to physical reactions?) .

Thanks for all the information on Royal Jelly.

Daniel11

Forum Supporter
It's good to keep in mind that a few people have died from allergic reactions to Royal Jelly, if one experiences with it it may be wise to somehow test for its safety before (I wonder if topical application of something allergenic will always lead to physical reactions?) .

Thanks for all the information on Royal Jelly.

Many people die every day from allergic reactions to dairy, nuts, grains, meats, supplements, medications…..

People have died from allergic reaction to Vitamin B-3 (niacin) causing anaphylactic shock.

Aspirin and progesterone cause a percentage of reported deaths from anaphylaxis every year.

Very few cases have been reported from ingestion of just royal jelly, and most reports of allergic activity are suggesting the reaction was from the honey and pollen the royal jelly was mixed in by mechanism of cross-reaction with pollens.

Actually Royal jelly will protect you from allergenic and toxic substances.

Its possible to have a allergic reaction to any food or supplement, its always good to start slow and test any new substance you are introducing in to your diet.

Royal Jelly- A worker bee produced, protein rich, mother’s milk | Bee Culture

OP
S

StrongMom

Google zinc and magnesium for autism, theres a lot of info on it suggesting that it is a good combination. Also, copper toxicity (high copper levels aka high estrogen) and autism would be worth reading. Its all related. COPPER TOXICITY SYNDROME

I'd keep calcium intake very low, because magnesium is already low and calcium will only lower it more. magnesium intake (very) high (glycinate or citrate) and take zinc glycinate. Salt would be helpful. Lower fat diet too.

Thanks @Amber. I guess at some point i got overwhelmed and gave up as you can find almost any mineral/vitamin linked to autism when you do an online search. Obviously me and my boys all need more magnesium. Recently we had a hair based nutritional deficiency test (i don not know how reliable they are) and one of my boys (hair losing one) turned deficient in zinc, among a few other important nutrients. Interesting things is i was already supplementing him with zinc for a while! Perhaps, i was giving him too little.

I am totally lost in copper discussions as RP prefers copper over iron, right?

My zinc-deficient son is a very picky eater; his only protein source is milk really. It is very hard to reduce his milk consumption. Well, he eats gummy bears if you consider that a protein source.

I guess i need to do more reading on those. Thanks!

Amber

Thanks @Amber. I guess at some point i got overwhelmed and gave up as you can find almost any mineral/vitamin linked to autism when you do an online search. Obviously me and my boys all need more magnesium. Recently we had a hair based nutritional deficiency test (i don not know how reliable they are) and one of my boys (hair losing one) turned deficient in zinc, among a few other important nutrients. Interesting things is i was already supplementing him with zinc for a while! Perhaps, i was giving him too little.

I am totally lost in copper discussions as RP prefers copper over iron, right?

My zinc-deficient son is a very picky eater; his only protein source is milk really. It is very hard to reduce his milk consumption. Well, he eats gummy bears if you consider that a protein source.

I guess i need to do more reading on those. Thanks!

Peat prefers copper over iron yes, but in my opinion keeping both low is the way to go. It is very hard to be deficient in copper since it is everywhere. Copper deficiency is uncommon, and most people today have high copper levels due to stress/estrogen dominance and probably hypothyroidism. Your body has a mechanism to increase copper during stress.
Trace element-hormone-relations in the early course of myocardial infarction. - PubMed - NCBI
High cortisol/aldosterone = lose potassium/magnesium/zinc, retain copper/sodium = higher copper levels which means higher estrogen levels which then increases your stress levels and keeps the cycle going.

I don't recommend high calcium intake even though Peat himself does. Calcium strongly inhibits magnesium absorption, lowers magnesium directly in cells, inhibits zinc absorption, lowers potassium, impairs energy production if your metabolism is not strong enough to use it properly and it makes bloodsugar harder to control. When your body can't properly handle the extra calcium, it will just get into cells which lowers the cells energy production.

Btw, copper also increases calcium retention while it antagonizes potassium. Zinc raises potassium.

What zinc supplement were you using and how much? Picolinate form works best for most people.

If you want to read more about this, i recommend: http://www.arltma.com/Articles/index.htm or dr. Wilsons work. They do hair mineral testing aswell.

Daniel11

Forum Supporter
I feel a big issue with most the people on this forum is they are stuck in the paradigm that healing is about getting more of this vitamin and hormone and less of something else, or i have a deficiency in this or to much of that…

Our bodies know what to do when given a chance, i used the Red Light to heal my thyroid, after 3 years i was able to get completely off NDT, my body did not need more hormones it needed to have proper glandular functioning restored.

We surely can get all the nutrients from the food we digest if our bodies are functioning properly, i take no vitamins and feel fine, i have met many groups of people from all over the planet that are very heathy and take no vitamins.

I find its better not to over focus on the individual effects of any one vitamin and mineral and instead have sources of foods and supplements that offer broad ranges of natural absorbable nutrients.

In my opinion the Larch Arabinogalactan combined with the freeze dried Royal Jelly powder makes a superior source of a wide spectrum of bioavailable nutrients that have very beneficial effects on human physiology. These actions are; anti-inflammatory, antimicrobial, repairs intestinal dysbiosis, enhanced endocrine functioning, improved brain functioning, greatly improved immune system functioning, is antiallergenic and offers excellent hepatoprotection.

The last podcast i heard Ray, he was talking about the dangers of vitamins because the purity of raw materials in making vitamins and many other supplements is very unreliable and could be detrimental to our health. Ray recommended getting nutrients from concentrated foods like orange marmalade. I really enjoy lemonade i find it very nourishing, lemons, limes and oranges are excellent sources of vitamin C and minerals and they are also delicious.

Increasing the efficiency of detoxification is underscored on this forum, it is a major key to healing the body. The chlorophyllin i talked about quickly reduces food and chemical sensitivity, it binds with numerous toxic chemicals in our body, it is #1 environmental protection for your health. You will notice effects quickly. It will make life more enjoyable for those of you that are overly sensitive to your environment, it neutralizes toxic chemicals in our bodies, that helps take a big load off our liver and the kidneys.

“Supplementation with chlorophyllin before meals substantially decreased a urinary biomarker of aflatoxin-induced DNA damage in a Chinese population at high risk of liver cancer due to unavoidable, dietary aflatoxin exposure from moldy grains and legumes.”

“A recent study showed that human colon cancer cells undergo cell cycle arrest after treatment with chlorophyllin.”

“Chlorophyllin can neutralize several physically relevant oxidants in vitro and limited data from animal studies suggest that chlorophyllin supplementation may decrease oxidative damage induced by chemical carcinogens and radiation.”

Chlorophyll and Chlorophyllin

“In the last 70 years, more than 80,000 new chemicals have been synthesized, and every year, over 4 billion pounds of these chemicals, many known carcinogens, are released into the environment. Even more disturbing is that the vast majority of these chemicals have never been adequately tested by any government agency, including the EPA and FDA, in regards to their effects on human health.

On a daily basis, nearly everyone is exposed to this barrage of compounds through industrial and manufacturing facilities, agricultural runoff that includes pesticides and herbicides laced in foods, and emissions from trucks, cars, and planes.”

In multiple studies, chlorophyllin exhibits powerful anticarcinogenic effects in regards to a variety of environmental toxins.6-8 The way chlorophyllin accomplishes this is by targeting a number of molecules and pathways involved in cancer development, such as protecting against mutations of the p53 tumor suppressor gene. Cell proliferation is partially controlled by the p53 gene, so protecting healthy expression of p53 is a critical factor that helps guard against cancerous changes.

Chlorophyllin disables potent carcinogens such as polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons and heterocyclic amines by forming complexes with these chemicals that limit the ability of these toxins to bind to normal cells to inflict malignant changes.

Chlorophyllin binds to a number of other common carcinogens including dibenzanthracene, dibenzopyrene and benzophenanthrene and limits their ability to form DNA adducts, which are strands of DNA bonded to cancer-causing toxins. Formation of DNA adducts is an early step in the formation of cancer-causing DNA mutations. Chlorophyllin limits DNA adduct formation caused by a variety of known carcinogens.

Chlorophyllin also functions as an antimutagenic agent against a number of prevalent chemicals in the environment such as PhlP (2-amino-1-methyl-6- phenylimidazo[4,5-b]pyridine), known to be involved in colon, prostate, pancreatic, and breast cancer.”

Chlorophyllin and Environmental Toxins | Life Extension

OP
S

StrongMom

@Daniel11

How is your diet Daniel? Do you restrict certain foods and benefit from that? Besides red light, prebiotics, royal relly, do you take any other supplements?

Xisca

I feel a big issue with most the people on this forum is they are stuck in the paradigm that healing is about getting more of this vitamin and hormone and less of something else, or i have a deficiency in this or to much of that…

Our bodies know what to do when given a chance, i used the Red Light to heal my thyroid, after 3 years i was able to get completely off NDT, my body did not need more hormones it needed to have proper glandular functioning restored.

We surely can get all the nutrients from the food we digest if our bodies are functioning properly, i take no vitamins and feel fine, i have met many groups of people from all over the planet that are very heathy and take no vitamins.

I find its better not to over focus on the individual effects of any one vitamin and mineral and instead have sources of foods and supplements that offer broad ranges of natural absorbable nutrients.
I would totally agree, but it cannot be 100%... Something might be needed for a short time, to go out of a tightening spiral, and then when you are in an opening spiral, things go on better with pure good food.
It is too complicated to not do a mistake with dosing individual things. Whole food is whole. I have just eaten liver and some meat, and the animal was alive this morning! I have fresh vitamines and even fresh glycogene!
Raise your rabbits and your chicken in the bathroom and on the balcony lol!
(some cultures have kept this habit, adapting it to town... even sheep are seen like this, pobre bicho...)

I would like soooo much to have my bees now!

Bees' products seem to trigger allergy when people are allergic to bee stings. And pollen yes. I hate pollen, it is yukky! and I love honey....

Xisca

Daniel11

Forum Supporter
@Daniel11

How is your diet Daniel? Do you restrict certain foods and benefit from that? Besides red light, prebiotics, royal relly, do you take any other supplements?

I like Medicinal Mushrooms especially Reishi and Cordyceps, they offer numerous health benefits. They are loaded with beneficial nutrients, rich in vitamins, especially B and D, minerals, polysaccharides, and unique compounds that enhance all aspects of human health.

Reishi helps balance endocrine functioning, people say they feel warmer after taking Reishi, its also offers great support for the liver, immune system and digestion.

I find Cordyceps to be very androgenic, it is nutrition for the adrenal glands, increasing natural energy and resistance to stress, it is also excellent for the liver and immune system.

The therapeutic properties of Reishi, Cordyceps and other medicinal mushrooms are written in the Materia Medica of many cultures throughout history.

Here is a passage from a 15th century Tibetan work on Cordyceps;

It bestows inconceivable advantages.

Thus, it increases the seven bodily constituents.

Among these, particularly it serves best for the purpose of libido,

Increasing offspring and improving vitality.

It completely sharpens the five sense faculties.

It has innumerable qualities; to praise it in words would be endless.

“The evolutionary and ecological forces that are thought to have shaped our microbiome are governed not only by host genetics, but are profoundly conditioned by diet and lifestyle.”

http://www.hostdefense.com/resources/articles

Fungi Perfecti is a excellent source for organic medicinal mushrooms, they are located in Washington State, their product line is called Host Defense.

Host Defense® Mushroom Supplements - Fungi.com

OP
S

StrongMom

I like Medicinal Mushrooms especially Reishi and Cordyceps, they offer numerous health benefits. They are loaded with beneficial nutrients, rich in vitamins, especially B and D, minerals, polysaccharides, and unique compounds that enhance all aspects of human health.

Reishi helps balance endocrine functioning, people say they feel warmer after taking Reishi, its also offers great support for the liver, immune system and digestion.

I find Cordyceps to be very androgenic, it is nutrition for the adrenal glands, increasing natural energy and resistance to stress, it is also excellent for the liver and immune system.

The therapeutic properties of Reishi, Cordyceps and other medicinal mushrooms are written in the Materia Medica of many cultures throughout history.

Here is a passage from a 15th century Tibetan work on Cordyceps;

It bestows inconceivable advantages.

Thus, it increases the seven bodily constituents.

Among these, particularly it serves best for the purpose of libido,

Increasing offspring and improving vitality.

It completely sharpens the five sense faculties.

It has innumerable qualities; to praise it in words would be endless.

“The evolutionary and ecological forces that are thought to have shaped our microbiome are governed not only by host genetics, but are profoundly conditioned by diet and lifestyle.”

Host Defense | The Finest Organic Mushroom Supplements | Articles by Paul Stamets

Fungi Perfecti is a excellent source for organic medicinal mushrooms, they are located in Washington State, their product line is called Host Defense.

Host Defense® Mushroom Supplements - Fungi.com

Thanks Daniel. I actually have reishi powder at home, never gave a good change. I will do a contolled experiment when i have a chance.

Btw, since you warned me about my liquid consumption I have been very careful and it seems to be helping. I might have been drinking too much liquid, worsening my digestion. Initially i was not but as i tried to reduce my starch consumption, i think unintentionally i increased my liquids by juices. As i reduced liquids, i started feeling better.

Daniel11

Forum Supporter
I wanted to help clear up some confusion about EMF and its effects on humans.

I really understand the sensitivities that people report about being effected by electromagnetic fields, but i think its important to understand where this is coming from.

In the years my health had really declined i was so sensitive to everything; food, environment, EMF. When i walked in to a commercial building like a shopping mall, i felt like i was literally going to pass out. I researched for many years looking to understand the cause of my sensitivity to EMF, i did not seem so bothered near cell towers for a short time but in big buildings i felt awful and wondered if this may be also effecting me at home on some level, it turns out electrical wiring in homes are sources of concern.

The big issue is caused by whats called dirty electricity or dirty power, it has to do with the transient frequencies, harmonics, and other noise on electrical wiring. It can be generated inside buildings by electronic equipment and it can enter the home through wiring from nearby sources including wireless telecommunication antennas connected to the power grid. When the capacity of the primary neutral on distribution lines is exceeded, current runs along the ground and enters homes via grounded water pipes.

“An estimate of the prevalence of self-reported hypersensitivity to electric or magnetic fields is between 1 and 2 percent in the general Swedish population (Hillert et al. 2002). Symptoms include headaches, flu-like symptoms, chronic fatigue, fibromyalgia, poor quality sleep, tightness in the chest, eye discomfort, skin disorders, dizziness, nausea, and difficulty concentrating (Levallois, 2002).”

http://docs.stetzerelectric.com/Havas-Stetzer-London-2004.pdf

Here is a page with several more excellent research studies.

http://www.stetzerelectric.com/category/research/

Stetzerizer Filters are the only product i know that really works to mitigate the problems of dirty electricity in the home, i noticed the effects the first night they were in, i slept and felt better.

“The Stetzerizer Filter is designed to filter harmonics and other high frequency current (trash) from the electrical environment, thereby reducing the potential for leakage into the human environment and creating additional trash in non-liner loads (televisions, computers, variable frequency drives, energy-efficient lighting, etc.).”

This the Stetzerizer Filter product page.

STETZERiZER® Store

Waynish

I wanted to help clear up some confusion about EMF and its effects on humans.

I really understand the sensitivities that people report about being effected by electromagnetic fields, but i think its important to understand where this is coming from.

In the years my health had really declined i was so sensitive to everything; food, environment, EMF. When i walked in to a commercial building like a shopping mall, i felt like i was literally going to pass out. I researched for many years looking to understand the cause of my sensitivity to EMF, i did not seem so bothered near cell towers for a short time but in big buildings i felt awful and wondered if this may be also effecting me at home on some level, it turns out electrical wiring in homes are sources of concern.

The big issue is caused by whats called dirty electricity or dirty power, it has to do with the transient frequencies, harmonics, and other noise on electrical wiring. It can be generated inside buildings by electronic equipment and it can enter the home through wiring from nearby sources including wireless telecommunication antennas connected to the power grid. When the capacity of the primary neutral on distribution lines is exceeded, current runs along the ground and enters homes via grounded water pipes.

“An estimate of the prevalence of self-reported hypersensitivity to electric or magnetic fields is between 1 and 2 percent in the general Swedish population (Hillert et al. 2002). Symptoms include headaches, flu-like symptoms, chronic fatigue, fibromyalgia, poor quality sleep, tightness in the chest, eye discomfort, skin disorders, dizziness, nausea, and difficulty concentrating (Levallois, 2002).”

http://docs.stetzerelectric.com/Havas-Stetzer-London-2004.pdf

Here is a page with several more excellent research studies.

http://www.stetzerelectric.com/category/research/

Stetzerizer Filters are the only product i know that really works to mitigate the problems of dirty electricity in the home, i noticed the effects the first night they were in, i slept and felt better.

“The Stetzerizer Filter is designed to filter harmonics and other high frequency current (trash) from the electrical environment, thereby reducing the potential for leakage into the human environment and creating additional trash in non-liner loads (televisions, computers, variable frequency drives, energy-efficient lighting, etc.).”

This the Stetzerizer Filter product page.

STETZERiZER® Store

The best way to avoid dirty electricity is probably have your house tested and properly wired... I don't know about these gimmicky filters, but I wouldn't trust their results unless I rented some quality equipment and measured my house before/after.

Daniel11

Forum Supporter
The best way to avoid dirty electricity is probably have your house tested and properly wired... I don't know about these gimmicky filters, but I wouldn't trust their results unless I rented some quality equipment and measured my house before/after.

Its not about how properly the house is wired! Maybe I'm not explaining this well enough, as i mentioned earlier in the thread i was an electrician in my youth so this information is familiar to me, of course there is always lots more to learn. Lets see if i can go over the key points again in a way that may make more sense.

First its important to understand the real issue we are discussing here is not the house wiring or general current in the home or building it self, its what we connect to the wiring that is the main problem.

We just cant say electromagnetic energy is bad or good for our health, the whole universe is one big electromagnetic field that extends indefinitely throughout space, electromagnetism is one of the four classic fundamental forces of nature. Our technological advancements have produced amazing inventions that help make life easier for all of us, but we are still learning about the effects of these technologies on humans, some frequencies are healing others are not.

All home and commercial wiring need to meet National Electric Code standards, there can be some variance in different states and municipalities, but the basics are the same through out the USA and most other countries have similar guidelines although the voltage and frequency used in other parts of the world may be different.

House wiring is really quite simple, the wire and and all equipment installed is very standardized. The health issues we are discussing arise not from the basic electrical current in the wires. The real problem is our appliances we connect into these circuits; Computers, Televisions, Printers, Refrigerators, Lighting, Telephones, Clocks, Wifi Routers, Pumps, Washer and Dryer, Stoves, Dishwashers, and the list goes on.

What is happening is these appliances when on create disturbances in the wiring system in the forms of whats has been called dirty electricity; the appliances produce high frequency currents and disturbing harmonics that emanate in to the environment we live and work in, these types of high frequencies and harmonics negatively effect human health.

The Stetzer electric filters remove these harmful frequencies and harmonics from the wiring and stop them from getting in to our environment. Harmonics is a fascinating and complex subject, in power systems harmonics are multiples of the fundamental wavelength. Voltage harmonics are mostly caused by current harmonics. The voltage provided by the voltage source will be distorted by current harmonics due to source impedance.

The other issue is that the State and local companies that supply electricity to our homes do not always properly size neutral distribution lines in their electrical grid. The first problem we discussed is generated inside buildings by electronic equipment, the second problem here is that unwanted frequencies can also enter the home through wiring from nearby sources including wireless telecommunication antennas connected to the power grid. Because the capacity of the primary neutral on distribution lines is exceeded, current can then run along the ground and enter our homes and businesses via grounded water pipes.

These outside source generated currents also produce harmful frequencies and harmonics in our homes and buildings that can effect our health, there is nothing we can do about this except petition the electric companies to enhance primary neutral lines, it would probably take State Legislation to have this changed.

Fortunately the Stetzer filters do really work to filter unwanted frequencies and harmonics produced from both electrical appliances in the home and from from unwanted frequencies generated from nearby sources of strong electrical currents.

Many people report feeling much better after installing the filters, they are easy to install, just plug them in to the outlets in your home or business.

It is worth taking the time to learn and understand how and why electrical frequencies and harmonics produced by appliances in our homes and from outside sources effect our health.

The company that sells the frequency filters has been in business for many years, they also sells a microsurge meter you can use to test electrical frequencies in your home and office.

Microsurge Meters are low-cost, robust, and easy to use by non-technical people. The meters were designed to measure harmonics and other high frequency “energy” present, which are the frequencies most detrimental to human health. The meters effectively ignore the effects of 60 Hz power and other lower, less harmful frequencies. Specifically, the meter measures the average magnitude of the changing voltage as a function of time (dV/dt), which naturally emphasizes transients and other high frequency phenomena that change rapidly with time.

STETZERiZER® Store

jengo

Hi all,

This is Strong Mom’s husband/partner of over 20 years. I ran into this thread as I was trying to understand and explore my wife’s search for solutions to her never ending medical problems. It took me nearly six hours in the middle of the night to read and digest everything mentioned here with lots of tears in my eyes. As I was planning to write this response, one of our boys woke up frightened and asked to sleep next to me. I had to put my computer aside and do my fatherly duties.

Let me begin by saying that this isn’t the right place to discuss any family matters but I felt so offended after reading, I had to share. Additionally I want everyone to use caution and good judgement in recommending supplements, treatments, hormones or playing the marriage counselor role. My wife has over two dozen different medication/supplements/hormone bottles next to her bed and I am very concerned about her health. Just in this thread she mentioned ordering two different supplements and the light therapy.

A little about me

I have been a marketing professional all my life with a lifelong struggle with ADD and memory problems. I have a high IQ and it helped me survive this long in the corporate world but as I became more and more senior in my job, these issues became hard to manage. I was fired (more than once) and decided that creating my own career path was the only solution that will give me professional happiness. I started a restaurant business and I have been working hard to make it a successful one. There are many reasons for why I did that but let’s stay focused here. I have a never ending love for my wife and children, and I have not even once considered leaving them even in our toughest times while I was yelled at, humiliated and verbally abused. These things are a daily part of my life with my wife but I have hope that we will find a solution one day. I have lots of stress in my life as well but that is life and I accept it.

About my wife

Starting with her IVF treatment and pregnancy, my wife has become more and more emotional initially and, angry and intolerant later on. I don’t remember a straight three days where she hasn’t yelled at or insulted me, or upset a friend/family. We lost most of our friendships, and our families either are not allowed in our home or choose not to come to us in order not to create a family discomfort. I am loved by my parents and I have a very good relationship with them but they live too far (a full day of plane ride away) and I cannot visit them or they cannot visit us when they want to. My wife won’t allow it and I shut up in order not to add more to her stress.

I know that my career choice added lots of extra stress for her. I am surrounded with food all the time and my weekends usually have some kind of commitment. Having said that I chose to stay out of the day to day operation in an effort to free time for my family and also explore other business opportunities that can be more supportive for my family life.

I am not an expert and do not feel competent enough to share medical opinions but I have been told by so many people (one of whom is a psychiatrist) that my wife is suffering from a number of challenging medical conditions including Asperger syndrome. I can’t be certain but also I have not been able to convince her to seek medical attention. She just won’t do it. She says it doesn’t help, she doesn’t have time for it and perhaps she is afraid that things will now be officially recorded. I want the best for her and seeking medical treatment is one additional thing she can do for herself. She is actually quite worried about some of the things that she is doing for herself and the kids that she doesn’t allow me to share the supplements/hormones she gives to our kids with our pediatrician and the variety of specialist physicians that we visit for our kids conditions. It is complicated and I try very hard to stay quiet in those appointments but I also think that we may be hurting our children. I am worried that giving them a hormone supplement will slow down their natural hormone production but I can’t share any of this with the medical professionals out of respect for my wife’s choices.

My wife lost her respect and love for me. I know deep down she loves me but a whole host of abuses (verbal currently and physical in the past) have made my life so miserable for me but I hung on and tried to stay strong. I have been living a life where I hide what is going on in my domestic life from everybody because I am embarrassed. I also think that a relationship and marriage this deep deserves perseverance and commitment. I will be with her and support her till the day she looks at my face, says and means “I don’t love you, get out of my life”. I hope that day never comes but I can not make her love me if this becomes her choice. In summary nobody knows what I am going through in life and I am losing my health while all of this happens as well.

Someone here asked if I have any interest in health. Yes, absolutely but I also find it incredibly difficult to stay away from some foods that are the only comforts in my life. Having said that I don’t eat fried food (very rarely I give in and try a falafel or something), I try to stay away from vegetable oils (unless I have no control over a meal ingredient), i find it extremely challenging to stay away from bread (my go to comfort food), I find it very hard to stay away from nuts and legumes. My lifestyle is a challenge but I am not unaware. I am willing to team up with my wife very closely but she will not forgive the tiniest slip on the way and start treating me very badly. I find it very hard to collaborate with her.

My advice for my wife (@StressedMom @StrongMom):

I feel for you. I see you losing hope. Don’t stop. Try harder. I will be here to support you even though you may not feel so. Also do the following:

1- Instead of spending 2 hours every night reading or writing on forums, try spending some of that time with me and share things with the person closest to you. I am proud of your accomplishments in life and I will be here to support you

2- Stop taking countless supplements and hormones, give your body a break

3- Stop giving the hormones and supplements to the kids or at least involve health professionals into your decisions (you are effecting their natural ability to produce hormones and perhaps causing them other long term problems such as cardiac issues)

4- Stop yelling at me at least when around your children (I blame your aggressive behavior and extreme discipline tactics for some of our boys health issues - one of our boys is losing hair in a big way, developed lots of behavioral problems and has turned into a skinny malnutritioned person)

5- Seek therapy ( you think you are smarter than anyone else but it will give you more tools to fight your battles)

6- Go to couples therapy with me (we may pick up a few things to help us)

7- After all this, if the only reason that you are staying married to me is because you can’t handle the responsibility and care of two children yourself, stop. With all my heart I love you but I can’t make you love me back and I will be very happy to take full responsibility of our children.

8- I like the fact that you changed your screen name from 'stressed mom' to 'strong mom'. A positive step in the right direction.

I have a few things to say to other forum contributors:

@Ella

Stop passing judgement about me. I don’t know about your personal history with your partner/husband/ex whatever but I have been with my wife for 20 years and you don’t know me. You also don’t know my wife and her extremely sensitive and undiagnosed situation. You are way out of line by giving her financial or marriage counseling advice. I am not a bad person, I am not a bad husband and I am definitely not a bad father. I am struggling to make my entrepreneurial efforts to become something that I can be proud one day. If I had an option, I would have stayed a salaried professional but I was fired primarily because of my ADD and I decided to create my own career path in life. Your gardening related recommendation was helpful. We have a nice vegetable garden in our backyard but I haven’t seen my wife have any time to play there since our kids were born.

@Peaterpeater

Thank you for your motivational words and bringing up “forgiveness”. I have always found it to be an area that my wife could do better.

@Xisca

Thank you for your recommendation to seek help with a third person. I am the one who wants it. I hope my wife will join me in this.

@chrismeyers

Thank you for your suggestion to get rid of all supplements, hormones etc. We should at least involve some healthcare professionals in these matters.

@Waynish

Thank you for your finding a local practitioner suggestion.

@A. squamosa

Thank you for your reminder that this forum should not be a place to put your (or your children’s) health in strangers’ hands. My wife is smart. I have confidence that she takes everything with a grain of salt and does additional research yet she still experiments quite a bit, which makes me worried. And you are right that my wife is obsessive about diets. She has always been.

FOR THOSE OF YOU WHO THINK I SHOULD NOT HAVE POSTED THESE HERE

I am incredibly offended and I don’t deserve people’s humiliations. I can not share these with anyone else so in a way this was a useful place. Also my wife would completely ignore and not listen to me otherwise. So I am writing this publicly to see if this can be a way for me to get to my wife. May be this will be a start and I have hope.

With love...

OP
S

StrongMom

@jengo

There is no need to write down your feelings here, come and talk to me.

There are plenty of lies here, you know. Starting with Asperger thing. The person you talked about is your sister, she is not a psychiatrist. she has questionable knowledge in medicine even though she has a degree (?) in medicine. She does not practice it as she cannot pass the qualifying exams for years. Many times in the past I tried to talk to her, but she just doesn't have any interest in learning.

Even some of the things you even write here show that you don't have much interest in trying to understand my world. Get therapy, see a doctor. etc. are not in my world anymore.

You always say nice things, but almost never do them in reality. Almost promises and promises and then huge disappointments...

As everyone here understands, I am emotionally weak. People are trying to help me. Just stop attacking people trying to support me.

PLEASE PLEASE DON'T REPLY.

@Ella and others

I apologize for my husband's words. Over the years I learnt a lot from your posts, besides your support and knowledge in this thread. I respect your opinion.