Weight Gain On Low, Low Pufa

Luann

Hey guys
I've been eating very low pufa since February, like 1g a day, and meeting all macros and mineral needs. My weight went from about 115 to 123 in three months, not a huge gain, but I'm rolier and poly-er than before and don't like it. The fat is in belly, hips, thighs, even some upper body and calves. Calories are at about 1500 a day and i'm active (work around the house, walking a lot, some running.) Could it be the low-fat milk that is causing this extra weight, which is a decent part of my diet? Or something else?
Skim milk
Sugar
Carrots
Varied snacks, candy, pop, fruit.
That's my diet.
Thanks ahead of time.

Peatful

Glycogen storage?

If its 8 pounds its incredibly likely to be water weight. At least half of it will be. If you were low carb before, the extra water weight will make you feel puffier.

milk_lover

I don't think 8 pounds is that extreme.. But any supplements are you taking along the diet?

T

tca300

On 2500kcals skim milk, low fat high sugar fruits, lots of salt, gelatin, coffee, liver, ~ 20 or less grams of fat from stated foods and hydrogenated coconut oil, I lose between 2-3 lbs per week, its ridiculous. If your taking aspirin, niacinamide, and or glycine, those will affect fat loss etc, negatively, in my experience.
But I dont cheat, nor am I dishonest about what Im really eating, so maybe thats a factor too. ( not accusing anyone of lying, just saying )

dbh25

On 2500kcals skim milk, low fat high sugar fruits, lots of salt, gelatin, coffee, liver, ~ 20 or less grams of fat from stated foods and hydrogenated coconut oil, I lose between 2-3 lbs per week, its ridiculous. If your taking aspirin, niacinamide, and or glycine, those will affect fat loss etc, negatively, in my experience.
But I dont cheat, nor am I dishonest about what Im really eating, so maybe thats a factor too. ( not accusing anyone of lying, just saying )
How long have you followed this, are you near your target weight?

T

tca300

Years. Except switched from 1% to skim about 7 or so months ago. I can be at 13-15% body fat and drop to 8-10% using the same foods, just dropping my calories down to about 2500.
I typically hover around 20lbs above my really lean weight.
@dbh25

Orion

What is your response to caffeine? Are you sleeping well? Temps and pulse? These can help judge whether your liver function is good.

Good liver function; estrogen detox, blood sugar control, T4 to T3, etc...

I am doing zero fat approach, and in the beginning too many calories from white sugar would cause weight gain, I was still suck in fat burning mode.

Zero PUFA, caffeine/K2, B3 and B1 are helping to stay on glucose burning mode now.

milk

What is your response to caffeine? Are you sleeping well? Temps and pulse? These can help judge whether your liver function is good.

Good liver function; estrogen detox, blood sugar control, T4 to T3, etc...

I am doing zero fat approach, and in the beginning too many calories from white sugar would cause weight gain, I was still suck in fat burning mode.

Zero PUFA, caffeine/K2, B3 and B1 are helping to stay on glucose burning mode now.

Do you drink coffee without sugar, then? Doesn't that raise stress hormones?

grenade

Years. Except switched from 1% to skim about 7 or so months ago. I can be at 13-15% body fat and drop to 8-10% using the same foods, just dropping my calories down to about 2500.
@dbh25

What's your height and weight?

dbh25

@dbh25
Thanks tca300. It's always interesting to read what you're trying out.

Xisca

Hi Liubo
Skim milk
Sugar
Carrots
2 ideas:
- Protein is only from milk, maybe not enough?
- Veggy broth for minerals and more?
- Fat protects sugar to be digested so quick and reach blood too much at a time. Too much sugar triggers insuline that results in fat gain.
If you eat sugar with almost no fat, no protein, no soluble fiber, then your sugar is going up too fast.
I would add very little coconut fat, but with all meals, in accordance to the recent posts of Haidut.
Hope it helps!

lvysaur

Skim milk
Sugar
Carrots

Is that actually all, or just the most frequent foods?

Looks deficient in zinc/selenium/fat. Possibly deficient in protein unless you're monitoring it.

Orion

Hi Liubo
2 ideas:
- Protein is only from milk, maybe not enough?
- Veggy broth for minerals and more?
- Fat protects sugar to be digested so quick and reach blood too much at a time. Too much sugar triggers insuline that results in fat gain.
If you eat sugar with almost no fat, no protein, no soluble fiber, then your sugar is going up too fast.
I would add very little coconut fat, but with all meals, in accordance to the recent posts of Haidut.
Hope it helps!

Protein spikes insulin much greater then white sucrose.

RP " Fructose inhibits the stimulation of insulin by glucose"

Xisca

Protein spikes insulin much greater then white sucrose.

RP " Fructose inhibits the stimulation of insulin by glucose"
I know this, so RP says to eat carb with the protein, and to never eat protein alone. He also advises for a fair amont of protein in the diet.
Fructose does not inhibit totally, so if you eat pure sugar, so half fructose,, this will not inhibit the spike. Pure starch would be worse, but who would eat pure extracted starch? That is why human diet is a mix of ingredients, that are together better than separate! I mean both for taste and feeding...

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals