Erectile Dysfunction And Sucrose

andy

I NEED HELP!Hi guys i seem to have hit that bottomless pit of despair which is called Erectile dysfunction.I remember the good old days when i had regular morning wood only to see it disappear with having a lot of white sugar.I was told by my doctor that i have elevated cholesterol and thought may be that may be causing some of the problems .Been peating for quite a while and have had to cut back on milk due to loose stools.was trying to put on some muscle and upped the white sugar for calories and what i find ALWAYS is that eventually it causes ED.now i do like to experiment so have repeatedly proved to my self that if i cut out the sugar and have potatoes as the carb source WITH oily fish then within 2 days things start working again.Also all that sugar seems to cause loose bowels.Asprin in very small doses gives me stomach pain and bowel pain.the downside is that i think all that starch make my bags pronounced and the oily fish does make me look tired.I think the fish thins my blood and maybe that is why it works.When i tried 30 mg of aspirin first time it had the same effect as the fish but had to stop due to bowel damage etc.how do i get the blood thinning effect of fish oil without eating fish?Also i do think that maybe the potatoes may not be ideal but they do seem to have helped my bowels in that i am having normal bowel movements.if i cut out the potatoes thenhave constipation .any help much appreciated.thanks

jaywills

You've answered your own question. Ditch the sugar, use potatoes as the carb source (showing positives). Drop the fish. Try seeing if that resolves the ED if not consider the fish later.

May be down to the fact that the fish/potatoes are providing minerals and vitamins your body requires.

Wagner83

Yes as jaywills said, you answered your own question (which is funny because you should be happy you did). Try steamed cod instead of oily fish. You may need quality proteins and mineraly/vitamins with glucose.

OP
A

andy

Makes sense .However the reason i kept having all that sugar is because Andrew kim talks about sucrose being better than starch.Are you guys implying that sucrose may not be good for me in that it causes ED or maybe my body not working correctly.i will start having white fish instead of oily fish and see if that is a good substitute.thanks for the replies

there was a great thread here with a lot of wisdom from many here including @jyb

The liver processes fructose (supposedly, this may not be entirely true). glucose is processed through insulin, blood plasma and glycogen etc.

Basically these pathways are different.

I wouldn't say one is "better". Peat says "starch is for poorer people" and "starch makes more endotoxin" but he isn't "anti starch."

I am cutting back on sugar and doing more potatoes and it seems to be helpful to my (slow) weight loss. I feel fine with it. I have had to increase calcium as I'm not drinking milk and I think that was causing some gum issues but I think that is improving with the calcium. It's all fine tuning but in general I think some do well with starch, others with sugar.

OP
A

andy

I guess there is no ideal carbohydrate.each body seems to have its own preference.I will stick to potatoes 3 times a day and may be just a little white sugar to taste.keeping up calories will become a bit difficult unless I up the fat intake(more fat makes me definitely get more fat in the middle -even saturated fat.thanks a million for all the replies

Wagner83

You only mention white sugar, but in my experience lemon / apple (if well filtered and not allergenic) / freshly pressed orange juice are nice with a meal of potatoes. Lemon juice is quite handy since it's easy to have access to lemon year long, you can add a bit of honey and drink it warm.

tara

I'm with all above saying that if you notice you feel better with potatoes than sucrose, then you've answered (at least part of) your own question. Another part might be that potatoes bring minerals, esp. potassium, and a little high-quality protein. If by sucrose you mean the refined stuff, then maybe you have been running yourself short on minerals and might do better with food sources of sugar - fruit, juice etc, so you get the other nutrition as well?
One possible explanation for the fish oil effect you seem to have observed could be that by reducing metabolism it reduced your nutritional requirements, and therefore some deficiency may have been be less severe? If that's the case, I would imagine that upping nutrition would give better results than lowering metabolism with fish oil.

You don't have to go all one way or the other. You could experiment - maybe you'll be good with potatoes three times a day and some fruit or juice or something for snacks in between. A little butter does wonders more the flavour of potatoes.
Personally, I get sick of potatoes if they are my only carbs. I wouldn't be able to eat enough that way. Varying with other roots and tubers and sometimes some well cooked white rice or oats, as well as fruit and juice helps keep it all enjoyable.

OP
A

andy

ok .forgot to mention that with all the fruit juices i got bloating.orange juice even fresh is too acidic .my body is really sensitive to foods and i seem to get acne very quickly.i have started to have lambs liver 2 to 3 times a week for possible nutritional deficiencies i may have incurred from all that white sugar.on the website peak testosterone the implication is that for the older male white sugar is no good..however when i read kim he basically says it is good to eat white sugar and should not be problematic.has ray peat ever talked specifically about how to correct ed with diet ?it does seem that with aging it seems to just be natural thing that happens to the male.anyway i will try the recommendations and start eating more calories to hopefully help in other areas(just wish no fat accumulation happens)

Rand56

@andy Are you getting plenty of magnesium? If not, seriously raise your intake of it. I've had an unexpected result from upping my mag intake, consistent morning wood every morning. Now I don't have ED, but my libido has waned, and only on rare occasions I got morning wood, despite dabbling with Preg, DHEA, androsterone, and currently taking Gonadin. I'm sure gut health plays a factor also, and I have been addressing this for awhile. Wasn't until I upped my mag intake, and walla!!...consistent morning wood. I suppose I have been more deficient in it than I realized. Don't know if you would get the same effect as me, but might be worth a shot.

Wagner83

@andy Are you getting plenty of magnesium? If not, seriously raise your intake of it. I've had an unexpected result from upping my mag intake, consistent morning wood every morning. Now I don't have ED, but my libido has waned, and only on rare occasions I got morning wood, despite dabbling with Preg, DHEA, androsterone, and currently taking Gonadin. I'm sure gut health plays a factor also, and I have been addressing this for awhile. Wasn't until I upped my mag intake, and walla!!...consistent morning wood. I suppose I have been more deficient in it than I realized. Don't know if you would get the same effect as me, but might be worth a shot.
Thanks for sharing. How did you up your intake of magnesium? Which food/supplement?

Rand56

Thanks for sharing. How did you up your intake of magnesium? Which food/supplement?

As far as supplements, mag chloride topical, mag bicarb water, and also mag gluconate powder. Been doing about 280 mg of elemental mag with the mag gluconate per day. Roughly 12 to 16 oz's per day of mag bicarb. Don't know the exact mg. amount on this, but I make myself a fairly concentrated solution of it. Once to twice daily of mag chloride topical. I only apply to stomach, sides, and top of thighs. I don't go nuts with it on more body parts. I use the Life-Flo Mag gel. It hardly stings, unlike other mag chloride topicals.

Diet wise, I get some from OJ and coffee, but that is negligible compared to my supps. I probably don't drink as much coffee and OJ as some others do on here. I don't do the Kale broth very often. I'd rather spend the time doing boiled mushrooms.

J

James IV

Yup. Gut condition and Flora profile has a big effect on what food is "good" for you. Trust your own experience to determine what's healthy, over what you read in the internet.

I was doing everything "right" when I started my healing process, and I got sicker than ever. It took a lot of implementation of things considered non optimal, or even harmful by many "Peat" folks (although I hesitate to categorize people) to get me truly healthy.

Creating a healthy diet through self experimentation is really more Peat than anything "Peat."

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
A

andy

What is really bothering me a lot is that i can eradicate the problem entirely and have no problems with erectile dysfunction if i have food that is not really recommended by peat.sucrose kills any hope for me.HOWEVER when i need things to work i will eat oily fish and butter and vegetables and and some milk and a little potatoes(i don't know why but even potatoes cause problems for me=probably starch messes me up) and within 2 days all problems are solved.I have been peating for quite a while and bloated up as well .soon as i listened to some of chris dresser and tried the oily fish and butter etc my bloating went and ed solved.In situations like this is it possible that omega 3 may be needed for males .

BibleBeliever

I NEED HELP!Hi guys i seem to have hit that bottomless pit of despair which is called Erectile dysfunction.I remember the good old days when i had regular morning wood only to see it disappear with having a lot of white sugar.I was told by my doctor that i have elevated cholesterol and thought may be that may be causing some of the problems .Been peating for quite a while and have had to cut back on milk due to loose stools.was trying to put on some muscle and upped the white sugar for calories and what i find ALWAYS is that eventually it causes ED.now i do like to experiment so have repeatedly proved to my self that if i cut out the sugar and have potatoes as the carb source WITH oily fish then within 2 days things start working again.Also all that sugar seems to cause loose bowels.Asprin in very small doses gives me stomach pain and bowel pain.the downside is that i think all that starch make my bags pronounced and the oily fish does make me look tired.I think the fish thins my blood and maybe that is why it works.When i tried 30 mg of aspirin first time it had the same effect as the fish but had to stop due to bowel damage etc.how do i get the blood thinning effect of fish oil without eating fish?Also i do think that maybe the potatoes may not be ideal but they do seem to have helped my bowels in that i am having normal bowel movements.if i cut out the potatoes thenhave constipation .any help much appreciated.thanks

Sugar uses up b-vitamins. Try fruits or something else for these vitamins, or at least try having sugar with some fibrous fruit to regulate absorption time. It was said elsewhere on the forum that fiber helps negate negatives with sugar; maybe add sugar to blueberries or some other fruit. Blueberries are very helpful for those who suffer from diarrhea.

Also RayPeat writes very strongly against oils from fish. http://raypeat.com/articles/articles/fishoil.shtml

Try no fat fish as recommended; tuna apparently has almost none either and use coconut oil or butter with it instead.
Beef, lamb, deer are all very good meats.

If aspirin gives stomach issues it probably means you are vitamin k2 deficient. Aspirin lowers vitamin k2, but so does coconut oil since it has salicylic acid. The vitamin K-antagonism of salicylate and warfarin. - PubMed - NCBI Try a vitamin k2 supplement in the form of mk4 and have it with some butter, as it's fat-soluble. There are many studies showing vitamin k2 boosts testosterone and is beneficial for blood pressure, blood flow etc. https://www.anabolicmen.com/vitamin-k2-testosterone/

Also if you do consume potatoes try them with a tablespoon of horseradish, it counters endotoxins, which are very helpful with digestion of them.

Otherwise you make no mention of zinc consumption; zinc is very pro male genitals and testosterone. Eat oysters for zinc. Whenever I eat oysters I find it causes much activity in that region. If you take a cold shower you can enhance your testosterone even further, instead of wasting your strength on sexual desire. Excessive copper antagonizes zinc, liver is extraordinary in copper amongst all its other vitamins, so oysters are needed to help regulate the copper-zinc ratio. Too much copper is estrogenic and would probably cause issues with the genitals.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals